Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Big Day

Tomorrow is the big day. When I scheduled the induction I thought "Elley will be here long before that. I just need to have that light at the end of the tunnel." Now that it has arrived, I find myself sort of wishing I could cancel it. Letting her come on her own would definitely be better. After weeks of false labor, and being told it could be anytime (because of how far I was dilated and effaced), I thought this would finally stop the madness. I know the baby has to come eventually, and pregnancy can't last forever. (Although, it certainly feels that way at times.) This way I would have a for sure date.
I have spent a lot of time this week thinking about what we went through with Abby, and the problems that we had with her induction. Some of you may remember that story. For those of you who don't, the Pitocin that they gave me to start labor caused me to dilate really fast, and scared her. It dropped her heart rate and put her in distress. We were really worried.
On the plus side, Dan has the time scheduled off already with his work, and my family will be able to arrange their schedules so they can help with the girls. Also, I don't have to worry that my water is going to break, or that I won't make it to the hospital in time to have an epidural. Hopefully, things will go better this time.
We will post again when we can, and let you know how it went

1 comment: